If you are still showcasing your business credentials with a page or two of lengthy, uninspiring content, please excuse me while I just take a moment to let out a gigantic YAWN!
Take my advice – say it with video.
Here are 10 good reasons why your next marketing investment should be video:
1. Improve Google rankings -Websites with video rank higher in Google searches.
2. Increase conversion rates – Homepage videos are shown to increase conversion rates by 20% and using video on landing pages can to increase conversion rates by as much as 80%.
3. Keep your audience engaged – The average customer spends 88% more time on a website with a video.
4. Supercharge your shareability – Your customers are more likely to share and watch videos on the Internet than read blocks of text on your website.
5. Liven up your pitch – Your customers will gain a better understanding of your product or service once they see and hear it explained in an engaging way.
6. Gain competitive advantage – your message will appear slick and innovative compared with your competitions’ messaging. Only 24% of brands are currently using online video to market to consumers.
7. Better email open and conversion rates – Including a video in an email has been proven to dramatically increase both click through and open rates.
8. Reach out to mobile users – a great video is part of any successful mobile marketing strategy. 6 billion hours of video are watched and shared each month on YouTube, and 40% of that is on a mobile device.
9. Video is not limited to the internet – it packs a punch in meetings as a great alternative to your corporate PowerPoint deck and makes for an unbeatable elevator pitch.
10. A picture paints 1000 words – A recent Forrester study on video has quantified the value of a one-minute video as being equal to a whopping 1.8 million words.
So what are you waiting for? Say it with video.
This blog was written by Jayne Smith founding Director of Rapport Digital. Jayne has worked in marketing for over twenty years, providing solutions for some of the UK’s largest brands. Her specialty is in the use of new technologies as part of a fully integrated marketing strategy.